You may be wondering how someone like myself and Manolo can help you feel good again. I have lived experience from a young age with grief both from anticipated and sudden losses. As someone who is blind, I also know another kind of grief that can occur when we navigate the world differently. Much like a service dog and handler have a reciprocal relationship and learn from each other, so too is my relationship with you. A relationship with a therapist involves mutual trust and teamwork to help you reach your goals. Many tools and strategies have helped me reach my potential, and Manolo is one of those. While he is a service dog first, he also loves to help others through their grief with kisses and tail wags. We look forward to working with you and being your grief guide. We invite you to contact us to begin your journey back to joy.
My name is Manolo! I am a fun-loving, high-energy, cuddle bug. While I am not a therapy dog (I am Beth’s guide dog), I still provide therapy if you don’t mind doggy kisses. 🙂 Beth and I met at Guide Dogs for the Blind in July of 2019. I look forward to being a part of your healing journey as you and Beth work together.
My Experience & Approach
How I can help you:
We all experience transitions throughout our entire lives. Both big and small changes can sometimes create difficulties, causing us to feel stuck and need to reach out to someone for support. I can assist you with the following life transitions in a confidential, safe environment with compassion, humor and insight.
- Help you move through grief and loss, no matter what your loss, to a place of renewed resiliency
- Increase quality of sleep by learning healthy sleep habits
- Strengthen positive aspects of yourself to resolve anxiety, depression, and self-esteem issues which often accompany the grief experience
- Build richer and more satisfying relationships within families
- Develop healthy emotional responses and behaviors to successfully navigate life transitions
- Opportunities for personal growth
- Change negative patterns of thinking and beliefs to live a more fulfilling and meaningful life
- Increase confidence to handle feelings, such as fear, anger, and sadness
- Develop strategies to restore joy in yourself and relationships with others
- Create new and healthy choices for your future
- Reduce stress in your life and find healthy ways to cope with stress.
- Gain new tools for empowerment
- Create a more balanced life
- Restore and find inner peace
Approach to therapy:
I have been working in the mental health field for 15 years. I work from a strength-based perspective, helping you to find your unique set of strategies to change the aspects of your life you wish to address. I utilize a variety of modalities to meet your needs including Cognitive-Behavioral therapy, Solution-Focused Therapy, and Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR). I work with you to develop methods for both of us to see your progress throughout our work together. Change occurs when the individual making that change can see ongoing progress toward their goals. There are many paths forward. Let’s work together to find yours.
- American Counseling Association
- Colorado Counseling Association
- Guide Dogs for the Blind, Inc (President of the Colorado Chapter)
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Association for Death Education and Counseling
- Licensed Professional Counselor
- EMDR Certified Therapist
- Nationally Certified Counselor
Reach out to me today!
Please complete the form below to schedule an appointment.
I will try my best to accommodate your request and will be in touch ASAP.